Friday 21 June 2013

Image of the day - Indian Fairy

Image of the day


Indian Fairy - 8ins x 6ins - watercolour


This will be my last post for a couple of weeks as we are off on holiday to sunny(?) Wales to see my family tomorrow :)

This picture was developed up from a doodle I made for face practice, and kind of got a bit carried away (as usual). My other half said that she looked like she should be black, but once I finished her I think she looks more Indian than African. Oh well, she's pretty wherever she's from :)

Some more good news on the art front - I saw a knitting shop in town the other day had a sign in the shop window offering table space to rent for anyone who wanted to sell handmade items. I thought maybe that only meant knitted or sewn items but the shop lady told me it means anything at all as long as it's handmade. It will have to wait until we're back from holiday now but I have a good few key-rings, bookmarks and magnets by now so I'll be renting a table for a week or two to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment